Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chick-fil-a

It has been a really long time since I wrote on here.....I forgot my screen name and just did not feel the need to put an effort into getting back in since I am unknown to most (meaning, nobody reads my blogs anyway)! BUT, this Chick-fil-a turmoil has gotten me in a little bit of an inner turmoil. I totally believe in freedom of speech and I respect  others opinions that are not aligned with mine. Then on the other hand I believe that gay marriage should be legal. The definition of marriage should NEVER have been a man and a woman. We were wrong. Our forefathers were wrong. It has happened before and it will probably happen again that our opinions of things need to change. Two grown consenting adults that are in love should be able to get married. It is unconstitutional for them to NOT be able to! That is my opinion. I know it is not the "CHRISTIAN" way but neither is judging people and "Christians" have become experts at that! I believe in GOD, but my God would not be that hateful. And I truly to the core of my heart believe that God would rather see gay marriage accepted than to see Christians all around the world ostracizing the gay community. He did not create these people just to have the world turn their backs on them. God is supposed to be about love not hate and I would rather err on the side of love every time, right or wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment