Wednesday, August 1, 2012

While I am in the mood.....

Since I am already on my soap box, I might as well get something else off my chest too. I am online every day. I spend way too much time online but it is almost to the point that I am so appalled by the way most people judge each other on outward appearances that I don't even want to interact and talk with people any more. Every day, I see post (pictures) of overweight women being made fun of, put down, and called ugly but it seems to be acceptable for a man to get fat (????). Every day there is at least one post (picture) of a down syndrome child that people actually call  ugly! I don't understand how we have gotten to the point that this is acceptable behavior. We were born with our looks. They are not what defines us as beautiful. Not everyone will be born with what most people view as beautiful. Does that give anyone the right to tear them down, to insult them, to break their spirit? Every child, every person  DESERVES to feel loved, they deserve to feel beautiful. Nobody deserves to be called ugly because they look different! And I promise you that every pretty woman out there has someone that thinks she is a bitch so being pretty does not make you a good person so what in GODS name is it going to take for people (mostly men) to stop judging on looks alone? And please don't be accusing me of being a man basher, I LOVE MEN just not disrespectful, judgmental, immature men that wont take a second look at a women that weighs more than 100 lbs or a women that does not look like a Victoria Secret model so she can be displayed like a Barbie on his fat hairy arm!  Don't misunderstand though, I do not have a problem with fat men, bald men, what most consider ugly men, I have never turned a date down because of someones looks! I do have a problem with the fat, balding, hairy bodied men that want a beauty queen on their arm as if they somehow have a pass to look like that but don't accept a woman that is sub-standard! It is the hypocrisy and double standard that I despise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment